About the Event
It’s a Tradition! Make it yours! The First Run & Walk will start at the stroke of Midnight. What better way to bring in the New Year than to celebrate with hundreds of your family, friends, and neighbors. Enjoy a fitness run and walk along with a celebration of food, beverage, music, dancing, and fun!
DISTANCES: 5K and 1.5-mile Run & Walk (1.5-mile event will be timed, but is a non-competitive event)
WHEN & WHERE
Tuesday, December 31st, World Trade Center, 121 SW Salmon St. Party begins at 10:00pm. Run and walk begin at midnight.
Mail-in Registrations must be post-marked by December 18. Make check payable to The First Run, mail to:
AA Sports, Ltd.
4836 SW Western Ave.
Beaverton, OR 97005
|REGISTER ONLINE||(coming soon)|
PRINT DOWNLOADABLE ENTRY FORM
VIEW ONLINE CONFIRMATIONS
Packet Pickup & Registration will be available at Foot Traffic Downtown, 333 SW Taylor St., Portland on Tuesday, Dec. 31st from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Packet Pickup & Registration will continue at the Start/Finish area from 10 p.m. to 11:45 p.m. T-shirts guaranteed only to those who have registered by December 18.
CLICK MAP TO ENLARGE
|PARKING & MAX LIGHT RAIL|
Free on Street Parking is available. The Max Line is located two blocks from the World Trade Center. Please check the MAX Lightrail schedule for final arrival & depature times going to your destination. The website is www.trimet.org/max
- All rides free after 8pm on December 31.
- Blue Line and Red Line: every 15 minutes until 1am
- Blue Line will continue to run every 30 minutes til 3am (last train leaves downtown at 3am)
- Red Line service ends at 1am, with shuttle buses between Gateway Transit Center and the airport continuing until 3am
RACE RESULTS / TIMING
Timing for this race will be done using the MYLAPS “Chip on the Bib”. Please note the following to ensure you are using this Timing Chip properly:
- You must wear your bib. It can be worn on the back of your shirt, on your running shorts or using a bib belt. NOTE! It is preferable that you wear the bib so that the number is visible from the front so that you can be identified by the photographer.
- DO NOT crumple or fold the bib as this will break the transponder antenna
- DO NOT place the bib between your body and your child’s (i.e. this is what happens when you carry your child when finishing the race). This action will prevent the transponder from sending its signal.
- DO NOT remove your shirt and carry it folded up in your hand. This action may prevent the transponder from sending its signal if the bib itself is folded or inside your moist shirt.
-The Timing Chip is disposable so no need to return it after the race. If you wish to RECYCLE the TIMING CHIP please leave it affixed to the bib and turn in the entire bib at the finish line.
Results will be posted at the finish party and on the AA Sports, Ltd. website: www.aasportsltd.com following the race.
|AWARDS / PRIZES|
Prizes and awards will be presented to the Overall Male & Female, and Masters Male & Female. Medals will be presented to the top three in each of the five year age divisions beginning with 15 & Under through 80 & Over. Awards are for the 5K only. There will be no awards for the 1.5-mile event.
If you would like to volunteer, please email Connie Hines at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront is the official Host Hotel for the 2013 First Run. Attendees may make reservations online or by calling (877) 901-6632.
The newly renovated Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront invites you to ring in the new year with them! As part of the AA Sports New Years Run, you can receive a low rate of $129 if you book your New Year’s stay by December 6th.